April 22 marks Earth Day 2012, and SmartPay is going to focus on the “Go Green” intiative. We will be blogging, tweeting, and posting tips and articles about a variety of environmentally friendly topics, and we will make an effort ourselves to make better choices to help out the Earth.
One of the coolest additions to Earth Week is the Go Green Challenge for our SmartPay team to participate in. During the week, employees will help to reduce our carbon footprint and take action to help make our world a better place. We invite you to join with us in the following activities for the week of April 16-20.
- Recycle: Everyone in the SmartPay office will be on their A-game in regards to recycling this week. We will recycle all office paper, cans, bottles, and other recyclable products that we use as a team during the week. By the end of the week, we are hoping this becomes a habit for each and every person at the office. Imagine the waste we are saving from entering the landfills!
- Reuse: We also will be encouraging all employees to bring reusable cups and mugs to use instead of Styrofoam or paper ones. Same rule applies for plastic silverware, plates, and other utensils.
- Shut Down: Everyone will shut down their computers, turn off the lights, and be conscious of how much electricity they are using.
- Calculate Your Impact: A carbon footprint calculator will be sent out to all employees. Everyone will be encouraged to find out their impact on the environment. Not only that, but we are challenging every employee to make a goal to lessen their footprint. It can be something as simple as growing a garden in the summer or taking the bus once a week. If everyone makes a small change, it can have a big impact.
- Community Service Opportunity: Our offices are located a quick walk from a local park in Fargo, ND. Our team has the opportunity to participate in park clean up. On Friday afternoon, we will clean up litter to help make the Village West Park shine a little brighter for people in our community.
We would like to challenge other businesses to take part in our Go Green challenge. Is your company making efforts to be more environmentally conscious? Are you planning on doing anything to celebrate Earth Day? Share your ideas with us on Facebook or Twitter!